- Golf can best be defined as an endless series of tragedies obscured by
the occasional miracle.
- "I wish I could play my normal game...just once."
- "Golf is harder than baseball. In golf, you have to play your foul
- If you find you do not mind playing golf in the rain, the snow, even
during a hurricane, here's a valuable tip: your life is in trouble.
- Golfers who try to make everything perfect before taking the shot rarely
make a perfect shot.
- The term "mulligan" is really a contraction of the phrase "maul it
- A "gimme" can best be defined as an agreement between two
golfers...neither of whom can putt very well.
- An interesting thing about golf is that no matter how badly you play; it
is always possible to get worse.
- Golf's a hard game to figure. One day you'll go out and slice it and
shank it, hit into all the traps and miss every green. The next day you go
out and for no reason at all you really stink.
- I play in the low 80s. If it's any hotter than that, I won't play.
- If your best shots are the practice swing and the "gimme putt", you
might wish to reconsider this game
- Achieving a certain level of success in golf is only important if you
can finally enjoy the level you've reached after you've reached it.
- Golf is the only sport where the most feared opponent is you.
- Golf is like marriage: If you take yourself too seriously it won't work
... and both are expensive.
- The best wood in most amateurs' bags is the pencil. Especially one with
- To some golfers, the greatest handicap is the ability to add correctly.
- In golf, some people tend to get confused with all the numbers ... they
shoot a "six," yell "fore" and write "five."
- Swing easy. Hit hard.
- If you find yourself pleased that you locate more balls in the rough
than you actually have lost, your focus is totally wrong and your
personality might not be right for golf...it is also just a matter of time
before the IRS investigates your business.
- Why is it twice as difficult to hit a ball over water than sand?
- Golf! You hit down to make the ball go up. You swing left and the ball
goes right. The lowest score wins. And on top of that, the winner buys the